The modern world has made it nearly impossible to avoid contact with harmful chemicals and toxins. We are constantly exposed to these unassuming culprits that are present in our food, household items, hygienic products, tap water, and in the environment. Many industrial companies that deal with lead, mercury, cadmium, and chromium emit these indestructible and non-biodegradable heavy metals into the atmosphere.
Without actively cleansing our bodies, the accumulation of heavy metals and other toxins in our body is nearly inevitable. In fact, many toxins settle in the inner lining of the largest organ in our body — our skin. If you are simply sitting around without working on releasing these damaging toxins, your health may suffer. This is why detoxification is necessary for everyone on this planet. Even the healthiest individual you know may have toxins in their system.
Your body has the capability to naturally detox. The human body has defense mechanisms in place to fight off infection, fix broken enzymes, and protect itself from viruses, parasites and bacteria. Sweating is just one of the many ways your body naturally releases unwanted toxins. It helps ease the burden off your liver and kidney from doing most of the work in purging your body of undesirable elements. With the onslaught of pollutants, chemicals, and heavy metals in the environment, your body can surely use a little help.
Near Infrared Sauna For Detox
In this blog post, we will be discussing near infrared (NIR) saunas and why it is a good way to detoxify your body.
Nowadays, you can see saunas in gyms, health clubs and luxury spas. While saunas may seem like a modern day innovation, its roots date back to centuries ago when heat therapies were commonly used for its preventative, cleansing, and healing properties.
Increasing the body heat has been proven to be effective in fighting viruses, bacteria and infection. When you have a fever, you experience an elevated body temperature, which enhances the performance of specific immune cells. This is the same principle applied in NIR saunas albeit it takes the therapeutic process up a notch.
A near infrared sauna uses low-level light that penetrates the skin’s surface and encourages a more passive and relaxed sweating. When you are engaged in vigorous mental or physical activity, your body responds by increasing heartbeat, inhibiting digestion, and opening up airways for easier breathing like on a fight or flight state. On another hand, when you are in a parasympathetic state, your body is calm allowing its systems to relax and repair. Therefore, NIR sauna helps you sweat out harmful substances as opposed to profusely perspiring from exercise and other activities.
NIR saunas use florescent reddish heat lamps that safely and effectively raise the body temperature. This results in better metabolic processes, improved circulation, tissue oxidation, stronger immune system, skin rejuvenation, faster healing from infections, and heavy metal detoxification.
How To Use A Near Infrared Sauna
Of course, there are risks when you are exposed to high temperature for extended period of time. But this shouldn’t be a worry when you are properly using an NIR sauna.
Here are a few guidelines that could help you get optimum results:
- Remove every piece of jewelry before using the sauna.
- Do not go into the sauna directly after eating. Wait at least a couple of hours after consuming food.
- The ideal time to use the sauna is first thing in the morning or before you wind down for the day.
- If it is your first time to use a sauna, start small. You can progressively increase your time as your body adjusts with each session. Twenty to thirty minutes a day can be a good place to start. It’s also good to have company or supervision for beginners.
- Exit immediately when you feel uncomfortable, ill, or experience nausea, dizziness, and difficulty in breathing.
- If you have any existing medical conditions, try consulting your physician first if a sauna is advisable.
- Drink water before and after your session to stay hydrated.
- Your body needs to relax for it to effectively detoxify. Avoid overthinking or talking. You also need to maintain a good comfortable position all throughout. Consider listening to some meditative music, visualizing, and deep breathing.
- Bring a towel and wipe off the sweat to avoid reabsorption of the toxins your body excreted.
- Take a shower after your sauna session to completely rinse the sweat off. Let your body relax and readjust to the normal temperature after your sauna session.
How Near Infrared Sauna Therapy Can Help Your Body Detox Naturally
Josh Macin talked about NIR sauna on The Detox Dudes’ YouTube channel. In this video, he discusses the massive benefits of using a near infrared sauna regularly. The list of things that hyperthermia (heating up your body) can help you with seems endless. Among them are the following:
- Detoxing the largest organ in your body (your skin), from endocrine disrupting plastics like BPA
- Helping detox heavy metals like mercury, cadmium, lead, arsenic, nickel, and aluminum.
- It also increases heat shock proteins
- Killing opportunistic invaders like intestinal parasites, candida, as well as yeast, viruses, and some bacteria.
- Safely increasing testosterone levels naturally
The incredible health benefits of near infrared (NIR) saunas are amazing, and it feels like the list can go on and on!
Have you tried a near infrared sauna? How was your experience? If you haven’t tried it yet, what is stopping you? Join our free